On behalf of the host committee and the IFBA, we would like to welcome you to the 2018 World Championships. We are looking forward to hosting your teams for a wonderful week-long event. Below is your guide for the week, I hope I didn’t miss anything but if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to either Al or myself.
Registration: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM CST – October 29
– Registration will take place on the campus of the National Sports Center in our Welcome Center. This is the building with all the front glass windows.
– You will need to have every member of your team to check in on Monday so coordinate appropriately to gather them all together before coming to the table to check in.
o The IFBA will be sending waivers out shortly that will also need to be completed prior to arrival.
o You will receive your banquet tickets, your player credentials which will be needed to enter and leave the building.
o Additionally if you would like we will have banquet tickets and drink tickets available for purchase. Drink tickets will be good for all venues throughout the week.
– Once your team goes through registration, we will have a bar and food options available, and you are free to mingle, drink and enjoy the company of the other teams.
– Ceremony welcome will begin at 7:00 PM. We will have a very brief welcome from any members of the host committee, IFBA and others as well as 15 minutes from a local broomball comedian. After completion around 7:30 PM we will be playing YOBROS backyard games. If you have never played, this is going to be EXTREMELY fun! It will be out the backdoors of the welcome center on the turf, under the lights. We will have food and drink available to purchase. Teams will compete in a multitude of games.
– Right at the time that teams are heading out back for the Yo-Bros games, we will be hosting the coaches meeting in the same room. That will run approximately an hour per the IFBA. Once you complete your coaches meeting, please join your team out on the field to have a little fun before we kick off game play.
Tuesday – Thursday Game Play
– The IFBA has released the latest schedule and that is posted on the http://www.mytournament.ca/modules.php?name=Tournament&pa=schedule_index&eid=232#.W9SC_uIlG00 website. (and the IFBAsite at http://www.internationalbroomball.org/?p=2811) If you have schedule related questions please email the IFBA as we do not have control over the schedule.
– If you have fans that would like to attend the ticket prices are as follows
o Tournament Pass – $20 for the week long (All games included)
o Daily Tuesday – Thursday – $5
o Daily Friday – Saturday – $7
Activities and Events Sunday October 28 – Sunday November 4:
– The host committee noticed at the last worlds that were not a lot of activities planned to gather the teams to have additional social interaction, we have thus scheduled out fun opportunities for teams to get together almost every night.
– The list of activities can be found on the following web page
And the IFBA Web site here:
We hope to see you in the evenings, at the sporting events or bouncing around town interacting.
– **Credentials are needed for the discounted beers Thursday at Invictus brewing for the Broomball Pub Party Night.
A list of the weeks activities can be read here (click on the link to open a PDF document)
Vendors and Partners:
– Equipment providers: We will have the following providers onsite during the tournament and they will all be selling through Instant Replay sports, a local MN Broomball company. They will be onsite in the front rinks
o Blue Ox
– Photography: BC Photography will be at the tournament this year. They will be taking team pictures prior to your first or second game on the ice before warm ups. Please schedule that with them at their booth which is located in the upper level of the front 4 rinks. Additionally if you would like action shots of your team you can schedule that out with them.
– World Apparel: We will have some limited world apparel to be sold onsite, this will be located at the bar up in the front four rinks next to the hat trick café.
– Minnesota Chiropractor Association: Chiros will be onsite to do athletic training services and medical requirements. They will be located in the lower lobby of rinks 1-4.
– Live Barn – Live streaming: We will be streaming the games live via Livebarn.com. this is a subscription based service that is run by a stationary camera that follows action of play. There is no commentary. This service can be canceled after the event. Included in the attachments is the image of the Discount code you can use to save 10% off the subscription.
– Broomball Central: Broomball Central will be broadcasting some games live with commentary but we have received the times or schedules that they will be running yet. Once we receive that we will post on our Facebook page.
Banquet: 6:00 PM – November 3
– The banquet doors will open at 6:00 PM Saturday November 3. We are looking forward to great evening of dinner, drinks and dancing. The DJ will be rocking after the award ceremony completion. Dress to impress!
Spencer Arvold | Schwan Super Rink